As a specialist in student accommodation there are various skills and legal aspects of the industry that will need to be picked up very quickly. You will be letting the properties, ensuring they are only kept on the books for a limited period of time. This is a great opportunity to growth within a small business and generate a substantial amount of business.
- have experience in the student lettings
-well organised person with a professional approach with good customer service background and attention to detail and the ability of juggle multiple tasks. Good time management skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to demonstrate empathy to both tenants and landlords
- be IT literate- computer and phones
- have a clean driving license and own car and be prepared to travel
- Market properties online with Rightmove, Unihomes and with Student Homes including taking pictures and videos if necessary for advertising
-Check properties have all the correct certifications for gas, electric, PAT, Emergency and fire equipment and safety documentation and ensuring compliance of all legislation
-Deal with client/tenant disputes in a professional manner
-Be proactive in bringing in new business
-Be able to work in a team - adapt and willing to learn
- ensure all payments are correctly taken and recorded
-Work to personal and office targets - go that extra mile to make a difference
-Update window displays
- Manage staff
Responsibilities to include:
- Being responsible for the day-to-day Marketing i.e. keeping adverts current and updated (Jupiter website, Rightmove, Manchester Student Homes.
- Managing Lead Enquiries (phoning applicants, booking in viewings etc)
- Conducting viewings
- Processing tenant applications (credit check for professionals etc)
-completing all the relevant paperwork such as Contracts, tenant references, deposits including Guarantor Details
- Checking in/Moving out of tenant/s
- Check out and in going inventories
-keeping a track of all the maintenance and passing it over to the right people.
-Ensuring the utilities, council tax, broadband and tv licensing are dealt with quickly and effectively by passing it over to Unihomes.
- £30k a year basic.
- 6 month probationary period after which a permanent contract will be offered depending upon performance