Estimating & quantity surveying for a well established fit out, main contractor. Working for blue chip clients on high profile contracts.
You will be responsible for all aspects of project commercials for the duration of the project from inception to completion.
Predominantly working in fast paced retail environments, speaking and leasing with direct and existing suppliers as well as going to market, forming new supplier relationships and achieving best value.
Managing commercial and supplier lead in risk from the project get go.
Looking for a good communicator, comfortable speaking in and chairing meetings .
Competitive Salary, Company Car, 25 days annual Leave plus bank holidays, lap top & IT software, Mobile Phone, People's Pension Scheme, Flexible Working, Contract of employment.
This role involves aspects of estimating early stages, then into surveying and managing
commercials through to final account. You will manage payment applications and preparing them for invoicing, run CVR reports and forecast project returns, report to account and commercial managers.
Estimator/QS's will need to be team players as well as working independently, you will work alongside the project delivery team to identify risk, contribute to programming and in
some instance leading a design team.
Some role highlights as follows:
- 90% of the work is repeat business, working on framework schedules and agreed rates.
- 10% of the work is preparing and submitting tenders be it within existing client accounts or new opportunities
- Review drawings and specifications, liaising with contractors and suppliers
- Work closely with internal design teams, track and report on project commercial risks
- Manage your own diary, work independently and flexibly
- Be a team player, contribute to problem solving and offer support to trainee members of the team
Previous experience in construction/fit out QS / Estimating
Knowledgeable in Commercial fit out and refurbishment
Ability to own a project from start to finish
Undertake accurate take off's and understand technical specification and scope documents
Must be computer literate in Excel and Microsoft 365
FLEXIBLE HOME WORKING AVAILABLE