Salary: Negotiable DOE
Join a well-established and award-winning design, build and reactive maintenance company with offices in Doncaster, Nottingham and London working across the UK and internationally. Been in business for over 30 years and have a reputation for quality, excellence and delivering projects on time and in budget.
As an integral team within the business, the quantity surveyors work on a large range of commercial, leisure and hospitality projects varying greatly in budget, size, and complexity, with a key role in managing project costs and profitability throughout the life cycle of a project, be it small or large, whilst creating and maintaining the clients trust and building professional relationships.
This role will be primarily based at the head office in Doncaster but may require national travel dependent on project location. The role may offer some hybrid working opportunities and the successful candidate to need to be able to work effectively independently and as well as part of the team. This is a very varied and hands on role in a fast-paced environment, so it offers a lot of opportunities for development and to expand your knowledge.
* Take accurate and informative briefing notes from clients when required to allow for robust pricing, including check measures and the like.
* Be a key member of the Quantity Surveying team, working with a can-do attitude with a positive outlook conducive of inter-departmental synergy.
* Taking off drawings and producing accurate Bills of Quantities/SoW's.
* Subcontract and supplier procurement, including detailed analysis.
* Produce and update procurement tracker.
* Preparation and issue of contracts
* Regular site visits
* Liaising and negotiating with external and internal customers
* Monitor, value, capture and agree variations in line with contact requirements.
* Produce valuations in line with contract requirements.
* Monitor, measure, and report key profit opportunities and concerns.
* Monitor and close waste gaps on projects.
* Producing and present accurate CVR's.
* Invoicing reconciliation and approval
* Work closely with intercompany departments as required throughout project process.
* Production of accurate and timely final accounts.
* Complete full project tenders when applicable.
* Keeping folders up to date on the company Egnyte server.
Required Skills and Experience:
* 3 years Quantity Surveying experience, ideally in a construction-based role.
* Strong decision making & negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
* Proficient in MS Excel & IT systems
* High-level numeracy skills
* Accurate and timely CVR reporting
* Ability to complete concept to completion project costing, including estimating through to final account and CVR reporting to include effective subcontract & supplier management and project contract responsibilities.
* Full driving license
Package and perks:
- Training, progression and development
- 20 days annual leave, additional days for long service
- Paid leave over Christmas close
- Bonus scheme
- Laptop, mobile phone
- Paid social events
- Food, snacks and drinks
- Westfield Health membership
- Friday Lunches